"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Run-down as Promised!

We attended a nice wedding on Saturday!  The Bride was pretty, the Groom was handsome.   It was a bit like the Brady Bunch up there, with 4 blonds on the bridesmaid side and 4 guys to match on the other, all offspring (or married to offspring) of either the Bride or Groom.
All the right responses were said and the "Ave Maria" sung, and they are married!

As I have observed, from a distance, my brother's complicated life (at least from my standpoint), I was filled with a renewed sense of gratefulness that God has called me to be saved by His grace.  My heart was filled with love and trust in God's goodness, and that He knows our futures, be they alarmingly uncertain to us.

We were blessed on Sunday morning to hear Pastor Colin Smith at the church formerly known as "The Arlington Evangelical Free Church."  This Scottish preacher can really hit Truths home!  I think we get to go back to hear him next week too, as we have another trip to Chicago coming on Friday.  This will be for a college reunion, and my husband has been looking forward to it for months!  I'm weary from last weekend's trip, but it should be fun.  We'll rally!

No comments: