"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Birthday Bash

It's been a fun few days here at Corgi Hollows! Two birthdays, with three days of celebration.

When you turn 10 years old, as Cherie did yesterday, and 10 little friends are invited  to a party there's just a festive event!

We've all had enough cake to make us sick, and the presents were "Just what I wanted!" said the birthday girl.

Throw in BOTH sets of grandparents for it and we had a recipe for success!

Ed celebrated his birthday too, and I think he's just as satisfied with how it went.

With three family birthdays in September it gets to be quite the month of fun.

Now on to the rest of the school year...

This should be an interesting week as the election nears and foreign events shape up.

Today begins Yom Kippur, and with the Middle East in the state it is one wonders what it is like in Israel right now. I look forward to the "Jerusalem Watchman" posts that occasionally appear on the blog linked to below.

My "progressive" friends are falling silent as they watch the unfolding of politics from Washington. I think we are all in wonder at the going's-on.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that the battle against people who believe in the highly believable view of  God creating the world is raging again.

I wonder why people are so apt to swallow junk science.

(By that I mean the fallacious science of origins)

As we reflect on our world today I am only encouraged and reinforced in the belief of the authority of God's word. Maranatha! Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly.

Be encouraged, fellow believer.

Jesus saves. 






No comments: