"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Morning to Write

I'm alone this morning. The younger ones are in South Dakota for the week. Margaret is helping a friend move with our large van.

My husband is hard at work.

I have a headache and I'm reflective, lonely, and a bit down.

Perfect writing conditions.

The sun is achingly beautiful, lighting the zillions of leaves, blades of grass, and animals frolicking in the front yard. The squirrels are cute, burying their acorns so efficiently. It's shiny out there.

It makes me think of heaven.

As beautiful life on earth is, the sweetness of friendships, relationships, love and fellowship---it's all a shadow of what will be.

I am no longer shocked by the daily headlines----stocks roller-coasting, LIVE murder on TV, famine, disease, planned parenthood, and debauchery.

It doesn't phase me. I'm thinking about eternity.

And you should be, too.

I had five very good, old friends over last night for dessert and remembrancing. That should be a word, you know. We all grew up together, "Daughters of the King" was our singing group's name.

Those were the days. Our friendships have always held, always been a constant in our lives.

A newer friend (met her only about 16 years ago) sent me a link to an article on friendship and how it works as we age. Very interesting, and insightful. The jist of it was that real friendships are hard to forge as you age. They become compartmentalized, fitting each aspect of our lives---school, work, kids, etc.

I know that I have been blessed with some spectacular friendships, and it makes me so excited for heaven, where we will all be in beautiful fellowship with each other, enjoying each other's company forever.

God has blessed me. I value each and every friendship God has allowed me.

Such richness.

As we face the future we have such a deep peace about the ultimate. God has given us this!

The headaches, back aches, rib adjustments     (I had a rib "out" last week, fixed on Saturday morning by a chiropractor who had seasons tickets to Gopher games with my cousin for 15 years ---the things you discover while one's skeleton is being adjusted!)     the PAIN of this life just doesn't compare with the peace and joy to come.

Today I want to adopt all the little babies who are unwanted. I want to rescue all the Corgis that need a home. I want every skinny horse to be fed apple treats from my hands----I want the world to be right.

But it's not that way.

It's coming though. Just wait. It won't be long now. September is coming, and I have high hopes that Jesus will keep the feasts.

He does, you know. Patterns are for us to know the times and seasons.

So, friend, be ready. I want fellowship with you eternally.

Join this lovely knowledge of Truth and Light, and come to Christ today.

Remember, the old will become new, the dark, light, the sick, well, the ugly---beautiful.

He makes all things new. Don't lose hope.

Just get right with the LORD.

Out to mow that lovely grass.

 

No comments: