"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fun and Games

I'm taking a moment out of a hectic time to write this afternoon. I can't elaborate on how busy things are, but they are.

Selling a house, keeping up two houses and yards, getting fall yard work done, keeping up with the demands of home-schooling, trying to keep a sane haven for my college student, putting up tomatoes and apples, cleaning, laundry----

It's a miracle my husband hasn't checked into therapy yet!

And, I forgot momentarily----medical demands.

Tomorrow is a clinic day, so that is on my mind.

The LORD has been gracious to us with a long autumn. Yesterday, in scattered sunshine, we raked up the leaves in front of our new house. If the rest of it doesn't get done until spring, so be it. This year the leaves fell before the wind turned turned wicked, and I appreciated being able to work outside without chapping my hands and face!

No, it's not done. Does it ever get done?

I've visited my favorite apple orchard a couple of times (Dumas Apple Orchard) this fall to buy Firesides, Prairie Spy, Honey Crisps, and Haralsons. The grocery store had Sweet Tangoes, and a good friend brought me some of those too.

Oh my. Sweet Tango!

I love apples, and I could feast on them this time of year. I limit myself to two a day.

I also love baking with them. My pie recipe is pretty good, if I say so myself.
The key is using Haralsons.

And sugar. 1 cup.

Cinnamon.

My mouth is watering. Sadly, sugar is not good for me. I'm trying to limit it.

Tonight, "Wishes and More" gifted Ed with tickets to see the Minnesota Wild play. I've never been to a Wild game before, so I'm excited. Hockey IS my favorite spectator sport, and has been, since 1980 and the Lake Placid Olympics. If I actually had time for professional sports I may even know how well they are doing this year! I don't, but I'm going to enjoy the game anyway!

Cherie is nursing a cold.

Ed has been doing organ events over the last two weeks. We've been privileged to hear several organs and gifted organists play. Ed got to try four different organs in the Summit Avenue area last Saturday.

Out of that day he made contact with a very compassionate and generous person who is making sure he has a suitable organ to play here at home. Our musical instrument saga is ongoing, and it is quite the story! We feel very humbled! People are so good to us!

Fun. Games. There are days when I think life is just a bowl of cherries.

And then I wake up from that thought...

Sometimes my heart is just aching so badly I yearn for the LORD to snatch us out of this earthly quagmire. Don't you have those days?

It is His patience that allows us to come to Him, to believe in Him, to wait for the very last one who WILL believe.

And I must be patient too.

I've had an ongoing headache for the past few days, and that means tension. I'd love it if you prayed for me and that it would ease. Thank you.

I don't see the therapist until next week.

Thank you for checking in here. I love all of you readers. You have been so good to us!

I must run...

 

No comments: