"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Fleeting Days

Margaret is in France.
I'm hearing only basic information, so I cannot give a report.

The weekend was hard for me, but Monday started with Ed driving the wheezing Saturn to school and back. Passages.

Then Tuesday Cherie had a Cross Country meet which was very enjoyable for the spectators, excruciating for the runners. Beautiful weather, warmth, hills.

She finished well, and continues to improve.

Today was quieter, and I've had a moment to think.

Cherie and I are working through world history. Because we saw "Patterns of Evidence, the Exodus" last year I wanted to review it in light of historical reconstruction.

It's an amazing film, and if you like history, a must see.
We watched it today.

The Bible is true. People would be so far ahead if they would simply accept it as God's truthful Word and go from there. It always comes out on top of the worldly matrix historically and scientifically.

People are so proud that it's hard for them to give up their sense of the rational. It's hard to give up our sense of self and let God define Himsrlf. We always think the god in our minds is superior to the God of the Bible.  How pompous. 

The supernatural isn't reasonable,  necessarily,  but it is true.

To have a Biblical worldview gives a grid for all thought. Truly.

Someone described me as religious.  I am amused at that. I think I am anything BUT religious. I have a specific faith in Christ alone. I am sorry for my sins. Repentant. I know that my eternal destiny is in Jesus hands through faith.

This is it. No works, no rules. Faith in Christ alone. The only way to eternal life. The only way to avoid hell.

"Noone comes to the Father but by me," said Jesus.

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believes in Him should have everlasting life."

We live in an increasingly dangerous world. Our times are in God's hands.  God condemned the world. He lovingly provided His Son for our eternal sacrifice for our redemption from sin.

The debt had to be paid.

It's Raclette season. Come over for dinner and discussion.

Email me and we'll set a date.

Looking forward to it!

No comments: