"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Snow Tales

I'm sorry. It's been so long since I've had time to write. You dear faithful readers are so special to me, and I appreciate your willingness to keep checking up on Corgi Hollows.

What a Spring!

Last Saturday, on the way home from the deli, I drove west on US Highway 12. I've never seen a US Highway in that condition, at least 6 inches of snow on the pavement, blowing snow, crazy weather!

It was a Blizzard.

I was able to get off of the highway, but not at our own road. I had to drive past it to a more major road, where a plow had sometime gone through.

I was driving a car, not a truck, and the snow was over a foot deep!

Needless to say, I got stuck. I was a mile from home and going nowhere.

The adventure began.

Blizzards are known for their wind. Thankfully it is April, and the temperatures were not sub-zero. They were certainly sharp, though, and the snow was literally blowing horizontally---not vertically. I got out of the car to scrape off the emergency flasher lights, as ice was encrusted all over the entire car.

I called my knight-in-shining-armor, my husband, and he and Cheri intrepidly started out from home with four shovels. They made their way northward into the wind to get to my rescue. I worried.

It was deemed impossible to get the car a mile through deep snow to our own driveway, so we opted into backing the car 1/4 of a mile to the nearest neighbor's driveway.

Thankfully we know these folks. They rent our hayfield to feed their six Herefords.

After safely parking off road we started out (on foot) through the foot-deep snow toward home.

I didn't have boots on, but my jeans covered the tops of my shoes, and the effort to get through the raging storm certainly kept me warm!

It was an experience I'll not soon forget. I don't remember a weather event quite like that in my life!

Thankful that the power stayed on, and Ed had a cozy fire going at our return.

We were holed up for two days!


Our Choir concert was postponed until May 6. It simply was unwise to hold it, as many of our choir members are over 70, and most of the audience fits that age group too.

Interesting times we live in.

Yesterday was Israel's birthday. The UN ratified the country on May 14, but this is the anniversary of its existence. Seventy years is considered by some to be a generation. There is a prophecy about a generation not passing away before the Messiah returns. The Watchmen are truly watching.

Are you ready?

Things are happening at a dizzying pace. I hardly know how to classify different events these days----prophetically fulfilled, prophetically significant, or completely unrelated!

But everything is related. We don't live in a vacuum, and everything has a bearing on everything else.

For want of the the nail, the shoe was lost, for want of the shoe the horse was lost, for want of the horse the soldier was lost. For want of the soldier the battle was lost, for want of the battle the victory was lost.

A pithy saying? Certainly some truth.

Perhaps more than we even know!


I like to think that whatever we do matters. Why would God says to us "Whatever ye do, do it unto Him?" I think there is a pattern of impact that can start with the smallest nudge.

That's why I keep writing. I know that my blog is insignificant. It matters to few people in the world. But it still matters. I still feel the conviction to live life openly and at peace with God, showing His power in my life and how He has blessed me.

We've had our trials. Just read back!!!

But God is FAITHFUL!

He has provided the "grid" for my life and my family's lives. I can truly bless His name for giving me such joy and peace in this world in spite of pain and trouble.

I may not be persecuted and driven from my home YET, but I can still praise God, and that is good practice for when or if that DOES happen in my life.

As I was scraping ice off the car I was singing a song (as loud as I could, into the wind) that we are singing for our spring concert--"I will lift up mine eyes to the hills! From whence cometh my help? My help comes from the Maker of Heaven and Earth!"

What a great song to have in my heart and on my lips in a storm of epic proportion.

It was almost laughable! And I did laugh.

God is so good. Maker of heaven and earth, He cares about me and my snow-stuck Ford Fusion.

May His Name be praised.

I hear tell of temps in the 60's next week. These deep snows will disappear in a flood!
WELCOME, SPRING!

No comments: