"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Peanut Butter Cookies

I actually have two brothers, and although they are not close to me, I think of them from time to time. They are both quite a bit older than I, and we grew up further apart than most siblings.

Today I pulled out an old recipe from the file today, and it was "Mrs. Barron's Peanut Butter Cookies."

I have this faint memory of my brother making these when I was very young. I'd gotten the recipe from my mom's recipe box, and I've made them many times since, but today I recalled my brother being the baker. Food brings back so many memories!

These are really good, and so easy to make! Here's the recipe:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour

Mix. Form into balls. Press with fork.
Bake at 350* for 10 minutes (or 12, depending on your oven).


No comments: