"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I have a funeral to go to.  The person was suffering from cancer and in extreme pain.  She is now thrilled to be in heaven, and I'm sure the service will reflect that joy.  She had Sunday lunch out with her husband and my parents very often after church, so I know she will be missed greatly.  She was a good friend.
We had the most delightful visit from my son, home from college for the first time.  It was good to see him.  He was tired, so he slept a lot.  He got back to the North Dakota border just in time to be safe and sound before the first blizzard of the season rolled in.
Tomorrow my husband has his first job interview since he was laid off in August.  We all have high hopes for this interview.  Pray if you read this!
Tomorrow I bring the treats for the Northern Lights Choral choir practice.  Twelve dozen cookies and some salty snacks. Four gallons of juice.  I was busy today getting ready.  I made pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, (5 dozen) and peanut butter cookies (5 dozen) and I bought some brownie bites to round it all off.  We only have to do it once a year, so it's not so horrendous.
Today we had school and more re-arranging of the house as we prepare to re-do all the floors and paint.  Each day has it's chores.
There must be mention made of the strange wind storm that blew through.  What a storm!  There is a political storm going on too, and and that makes for daily intrigue.  Only a week until the mid-term election.  I know I'm not the only one who can't wait until it's over.

No comments: