"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sun Shining on Snowflakes

What a gorgeous day in January.  Fresh pure snow, the big kind of snowflake clumps, and sunshiny blue sky making them sparkle.  I wonder what word the Eskimos have for this kind of snow.  I'd call it schuss-snow.  It's the kind of snow you can shower in a beautiful wave with your skis.
Oldest son is back at college, trying to manage his Mono-recovering body and a new schedule.
I am "doing" school with my younger bunch, and trying to clean up the holiday detritus as quickly as possible.  On to new goals and heights!
My resolutions are so far so good! 
I had lunch with my book club friends yesterday and one of them offered an analogy that I thought I'd pass on here. 
When life has no apparent road map there is a sense of loss and fear.  Confusion.  But picture a big white envelope with the instructions for the next step inside.  You want to peel back a corner and peek at the contents!  Just a hint of what might be inside!
Just the knowledge that the envelope exists is comforting!  It helps to picture something tangible.   There is plan.  There is a future.  It's coming in a package deal and it's something to be thankful for.
Onward!  SCHUsssssssss...........!

No comments: