"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Have you ever made resolutions for the new year?  Chances are you have.  I do most of the time.  I'll confess to not doing it about twice!
Usually they include what the "Fly-Lady" says to do in her book "Sink Reflections."   That book has been helpful to me in maintaining order in this house of home schooling.  (There's always room for improvement!)
I like to resolve something spiritual every year.  This year it is to be more helpful to those who are needy.  I have resolved (several times) to read the Bible through in the upcoming year.  The "One-Year Bible" is very helpful there.  Maybe I should do that again.  Last year I resolved to read a chapter of Micah everyday.  There are only a few chapters in that book, so even though I didn't read it everyday as planned I sure got to know it better!  Theme:  Take care of your own business and trust the Lord!  I nod to my father-in-law for his helpful inspiration.
I always resolve to lose weight, but I'm destined to be cushy for the rest of my life.  Nice, huh?  I'm very huggable to my youngest son.  Happy thought.  I do resolve to get out in the sun and exercise everyday.  We who live in the north must seek extra Vitamin D! 
Over all, being content with what I have and striving to love others is my Life Resolution.
You never know where the Lord will take you.  It's best to hang on and enjoy the ride!
God bless you in 2011.

No comments: