"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

My soul has been dark this dark December.  Maybe it's because my bees have been banned, my husband is looking for work, and my son has a very virulent case of Infectious Mononucleosis.  Along with other worries life could be rather bleak in this mid-winter.
But it is not!  Today I had the joy of juxtaposition with spying a book at Borders to peruse and a conversation with an elderly friend about the same subject:  Heaven.  There are no coincidences, really, but I had a book of that title on my list for a present to buy as well.
Heaven!  What a joy to anticipate, to read about, to wonder.  The book I picked up at the store was "Heaven is Real," a quick little story about a four-year-old who had a visit to heaven when his appendix ruptured.  His candid tale rings true, as he affirms what Scripture has to say about the place we all long to be----that is, those of us who have had our spirits re-born in Christ Jesus.
My elderly friend told the tale of his mother's death, when he was two.   She had a "visit" to heaven before she actually passed away, and there are 28 witnesses to her account.  What a marvelous experience for them.  My friend heard the story from several of the family members who were with his mother, that she told of people she recognized, that Jesus spoke with her, that those left behind should continue in their Christian walk.
My own great-grandmother Iva, who died when I was quite young, as she passed she exclaimed, "Look at all the children!" 
This is the destiny for those whose name is written in the Book of Life.  Praise God, through whom all blessings flow.
I will not speak of the darkness in this world, though we could easily be brought low by the suffering of its inhabitants.
I will speak of the joy of my spirit, sealed for eternity with the joy of being in the presence of my savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Yes, it is real.  The spirit has been re-born, and that joy is mine, no matter what the suffering soul may lament.
God bless ye merry gentlemen.  Let nothing you dismay.  Remember Christ the Savior was born on Christmas Day  (actually sometime in June of 2 BC! ---but the wise men DID see the 'star' stop above Bethlehem on December 25 of 2 BC--making this wonderful day we celebrate really the first gift exchange!)
To save us all from Satan's power while we were gone astray!
Oh tidings of wonder and joy, wonder and joy!
God bless YOU with a newly born spirit, eternally sealed for His glory.
Oh, and please pray for my son's healing.  Back to school in just a week and a half from now!  Thank you!

No comments: