"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Vacation!

Just took four days off to get in the Christmas spirit, and what a wonderful and beautiful way it began.  Last Thursday I was blessed to witness one of the most moving Christmas concerts I've ever attended, and my beloved son blessed me and countless others participating in its delivery.  The Concordia College music department put on its annual Christmas event at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis that evening.  The theme was  "Out of Darkness, into Light." I can't describe the musical perfection, but I can relate the powerful scriptural and theological truths that were messaged.  Trust me!  It was fantastic.
Jesus came as a baby.  Jesus is coming again.  Get ready.
Back to the normal.  Down to earth again---that means school and laundry, cooking and cleaning.  My spirit still sings with an incredible joy.
Finals week for my two college boys.  I'm praying for them to succeed mightily.
God bless you, who read this, with a peaceful, joyful season of celebrating Christ's great gift---His life and His sacrifice.
When I think of what He put up with coming to earth and dealing with difficult people and circumstances, my own dealings with difficult people and circumstances pale in comparison.  May we all practice LOVE to one another. 
Great message in this old song!

Turn it up and pray this prayer.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: