"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shiny Quiet



Darling daughter has Pink Eye. I haven't seen this for years, literally, but it really puts the crimp in life as it's more difficult to treat nowadays. She begs to go out but it is rainy and cool with threats of snow and this does nothing for her recovery process. Everything is wet outside, and green. Longed for green. The trees have yet to turn out any leaflets and this makes spring seem cruelly off-putting. Last week we could see the buds and the pollen is clearly in production, but the tree-tops remain bare.

Why do we hope for spring so this year?

It's psychological.

Black cat sits in the window and surveys his domain, the one he rarely gets out to visit. Dogs wait patiently for a romp in fresh air.

Wood ticks await them. (I've had one already, quietly sucking its sustenance from behind my ear! EWWWWWW)

Did you know that God has already answered my prayers for the future? I remind myself that He has everything nailed down to the minute and this is a joy ride. Can I get myself to believe this?

Can I focus on the gifts of today, of this week, this season?

Instead I'm tempted to worry about what will be...or won't be.

Today in Daily Bread the Scripture spoke to me. Philippians 1. "According to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life,

or by death."

In nothing shall I be ashamed. That is the promise.

Darling daughter is walking the Corgi inside, in the manner of Jeeves. Funny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: