"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Convenient Organ Recitals

Since my husband and I are singing in a choir that is made up for the purpose of helping a masters' degree candidate achieve his conducting requirement at St. Olaf in Northfield, MN, we've been called upon to attend several rehearsals on Sunday afternoons.

Last Sunday we dutifully attended rehearsal, but it was over just in time to zip across town for an organ recital at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church. Ken Cowan played solo.

My son was interested only in playing his OWN organ on Sunday, but I do wish he could have heard Mr. Cowan play.

Such a young man, and such skill! I think he played the entire repertoire without mistake!

His Bach was eloquent. "Dance Macabre" was a variation of his own, and delightful. I thought it would be the best of the program, but he ended with variations on a hymn by Max Reger, and that was superb.

I was glad to have heard his program. Something to think about for my son to work on!

It has been such a great spring to take advantage of these fantastic and FREE concerts! We haven't had such a musical year since I can remember. Love it!

No comments: