"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So I Should Be Studying

Passed one of the qualifying tests last night for my securities exam. I have about 6 more to master. It is a good feeling to be able to figure out some of these heretofore confusing terms and conditions. Actually I am thankful for the regulations as they do affect us all whether we like it or not!

A new life joined our family since I last wrote.

She is a cat.

Her mark of the beast says her name is "July" but we named her something much more feline: Predicate. (Up here in MinnesOta that sounds like "pretty cat")

She is short haired, resembles three of my former cats in one way or another, and has green eyes like Kiwi, our resident feline.

Her description at Petsmart said she was good with dogs, children, and very playful. She stretched out her paws at my husband through the glass and we were smitten.

Our Corgi got up this morning and asked to be let out of her crate rather insistently. She made a beeline to find Predicate, and check on her. She has a sense of hospitality I think. It seems she's thrilled with the new responsibility of managing another cat.

Our easy going black lab just wags her tail and enjoys the circus!

Kiwi has had to make the biggest adjustment. He seems to have resigned himself to her presence in the laundry room where he usually reigns in his kitty domain. As soon as they decide that two cats really are better than one I'll post a few photos. For now we have cat wars a couple times a day.

Exciting weekend coming up! Northern Lights Chorale Spring Concert at 2:30, Benson Great Hall. Eric Metaxes is speaking here on Friday evening too. Relatives are migrating northward for the weekend events and the weather has been lovely (but a little chilly).

Happy to report that the school stuff is humming along well.

Now to get studying myself....

No comments: