"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, November 9, 2012

Corgi Thoughts

It's a lovely morning here in Minnesota. Too bad there seems to be such a duskiness to life right now. You, like I, have been reading and listening to reports of conservative weeping and gnashing of teeth for two days now.

Isn't it wonderful that our hope is in the Lord, who gave Himself for me?

For me He died
For me He lives
An everlasting light and life
He freely gives!

In this time of fear (and it must be to many) we rely on God alone, and more than ever.

Nothing changes about our faith. Nothing changes about our tradition or morals. We KNOW the Truth, and the truth sets us free.

We act as our faith dictates, and there will be no excuse for lazy obedience. We will stand out, we will continue to expose darkness and explain truth and life to a lost world.

The Lord is our strength. He is our song in the night.

I have witnessed death and dying in the last few days. Those that we're losing have been promoted to glory. It can't be sad when there is such deep peace about Who they meet on the other side. They are the ones to be envied!

And WE must live the appointed days. We must do our duty here. We will stand firm as millions have before us.

I have a collection of biographies to read: Malla Moe, Foreign Devil in China, Blood Brothers, and a few others that looked interesting. I got another Tozer book to read. (I really like what he writes!) "Wingspread."

I'm encouraged by my Christian forbears. Some had it hard, some easier. Some suffered physical persecution, and we won't know until eternity the stories they could tell. Some suffered the persecution of ideological slander. I'm not sure that that isn't almost as hard. I wonder how many leave their love of Christ to compromise with culture.

As we face the sunset of our country's moral high ground we can be assured that others have indeed gone before us.

And we will experience God's generous grace in a whole new and exciting way!

He gives strength to do, hope to persevere, and grace to suffer for Him. It's always win-win with Christ!

 

No comments: