"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, April 28, 2014

Gotta Laugh, You Know!

When life gives you lemons, you MAKE LEMONADE!

Funny things this weekend. I'm in a stretch of intense scheduling, even for me. I had to forgo my favorite prophecy conference this past weekend in lieu of THREE family events----all the same day. Because they all had to do with my precious children it was completely fine.

And our choir concert was fun. That was yesterday.

I also got a new hairstyle. My best friends kindly told me it took 20 years off. My "enemies" hate it :) I'm chuckling.

I was reading "Anne of the Island" to Ed and Cherie today. It happened to be the chapter where Philippa Gordon comes down the stairs in yellow silk asking if she looked pretty.

Which of course she did, and Anne kindly complimented her. She did look pretty! Philippa responded that what she loved especially about Anne was her generosity toward others in the way of promoting their image, without rancor or envy. What a little window on human interaction.

Taylor Swift sang a song called, "Mean." People can bully in many different ways, and criticism gets hard to take when it is ladled out often. When you are on a daily diet of criticism one over-the-top comment can take you to the point of vomit. Swift captured that moment, "Why ya have ta be so mean?"

Bully-ers----take note: It doesn't really matter what you think. It only matters what God thinks in the end. His creations, you and me, are in a perpetual state of reaching His grace or judgement. Get the big things right-----those things that matter to God. Righteousness, love, peace, kindness, and truth.

And we will learn to laugh at ourselves, our predicaments, our troubles.

On to the next thing, with love in our hearts.

No comments: