"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, December 27, 2014

News from Corgi Hollows

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas, meaningful and full of joy!

We did. I'd say it was a quiet Christmas overall.

I made a triple chocolate cheesecake from a recipe on Pinterest, and it was the center piece of what we ate. With that kind of richness one couldn't eat much else. Oreo crust, thick chocolate cheesecake with melted German chocolate, thick chocolate ganache on top. Delicious.

My parents, Jim, and his wife came over to help us eat it.

You saw the pictures of the Smorgasbord we had on Christmas Eve at my parents' house.

That is always an anticipated tradition.

Ed tested positive for the flu on Monday. This confirmed that I had it the week before...and that your prayers are powerful, for Ed never had a temperature that would have dictated a hospital stay.

Amazing. Really, miracles are happening all the time.

His cough is continuing to improve, and we all feel healthier as the days pass.

Winter has returned to our neighborhood after a second thaw. As my husband says, every warm day puts us that much closer to spring without struggles of fighting ice and snow.

We do like snow here, though. Really. Margaret has made noises about buying a new cross-country ski package for this season. I want to keep using my old Normark II's, wooden skis that I've had since I was 12 years old, still in great shape. Unfortunately the boots have disintegrated, and the 3-prong toe tip is hard to find. Replacement is no easy task.

I wear size 8 now....(If you happen to have an unused pair lying around.)

Cherie is making a gingerbread house today, but the food around here is sufficient for weeks, I think: Fruit, nuts, cookies from our sweet neighbors. We have more than we can possibly eat.

Come over for tea and treats.

Since we had four inches of snow overnight my husband is out playing with the new snow-blower. Now that our shoveling crew has flown the nest--or is otherwise debilitated---a new machine was a necessity. He is having fun with it. My back is thankful.

It is so much fun to get your cards and calls at this time of year. Thank you for thinking of us, praying for us, showing us your love. We feel so blessed. May God bless you richly this upcoming year of 2015!


No comments: