"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Could I be Convincing?

I know that the Holy Spirit is the one that opens spiritual eyes, but what does it take for me to be open with the Gospel?

More than anything else I want those who read this to become believers in Jesus, the one and only Messiah. Why does it seem that I carp on this all the time?

Because I'm not sure everyone who reads this is saved, and there is nothing more important in this world.

As someone who loves life, loves the Lord, and loves people, I am compelled to pass on my beliefs in hope that the Spirit opens the eyes of the soul towards belief in Christ.

So what would it take to convince you that Jesus is the only way to eternal life and glory, and that everyone else is condemned to eternal punishment?

Not a pretty picture, but the one that the Word of God paints from Genesis to Revelation.

We all must believe. In the past two hundred years, at least in America, the Judea-Christian faith was practically known throughout the western world. Most people were familiar with Christianity.

Now I'm not so sure. I think the culture has forgotten the Bible and what it actually says. The Catholic Church has softened on many issues, and no one seems to remember what it means to be moral. Everyone has a definition of one's own.

I am amazed at things happening in our culture today. I believe that many people are terrified of things to come, knowing bits and pieces of the End of Time. Most don't know enough to recognize that it is close. Those who know something about it don't want to talk about it or think about it.

They WANT to be ignorant of things to come.

I think that knowing what is coming and seeing it play out with a knowledge of how to face it in Christ's power, is the most compelling reason to believe in Jesus.

Besides that we have the love of the Father in Heaven, and He deserves all of our love, our time, our energy.

So I pray that eyes will be opened. That each of us will share the Gospel with boldness and peace, ambassadors for the LORD.

Please believe.

No comments: