"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Calendar Change!

Just had a wonderful weekend with old friends and new. We had a birthday dinner on the porch, impromptu, and picnics, time for games, and general mayhem (which usually occurs when Corgi Hollows is in B & B mode!)

It was a rip-roaring way to end the summer.

I was thrilled to get to know this new family who stayed here over the weekend. He is a Bible professor, and she, a home-schooling, flute-playing, mother of five (three boys and two girls) just like I am.

She even named one of her black cats "Kiwi!"

I found a kindred spirit, for sure!

Our kids are even the same ages. Remarkable. My dear friend, who also was with us for the weekend, has told us how similar we are for years. It was fun to finally meet.

I've been posting things here on Corgi Hollows about current prophecy issues and naturally I'm fascinated by what is going on in the world.

If you have any fear whatsoever, you need to go to the Great One Who Alleviates Fear.

Overcoming fear is a lesson we all must learn, to varying degrees, and I can assure you that I've had to take it multiple times.

Hiding from the fearsome is NOT the answer to conquering fear. Take it from me. You must face your fear---whether it is cancer, rejection, dysfunction, bodily harm, loss, or death.

It's the only way to live.

So in that light I want to encourage all of us to look up-----our redemption draws nigh----and prepare for the coming of the Bridegroom.

Believers, we are to be filled with the Spirit! We are to be asking for His "oil" for our lamps, and doing the work that He gives us in preparation for that day.

I think it is soon. I'm watching.

If the Lord DOES NOT come back this fall, and the prophecies of Daniel, Revelation and Ezekiel DO NOT unfold soon, I am unfazed.

Because I'm doing what I've always been doing. I'm watching.

When the focus is on things above the things on earth just cease to matter.

Of all the preachers I like to read I think A.W. Tozer resonates with me more than any other.

Some like Spurgeon, some like Vance Havner, some like Moody...Edwards, Goforth, Luther, Calvin, MacArthur, Torrey, Gothard, Stott, Packer, Sproul, Watchman Nee, Keller, Piper, Ironside, Wesley, Barnhouse, Nouwen, ----

Did I miss your favorite?

We all have favorites, and we all read their works, looking for insight into our own lives. We all choose paths that seem right to us. I would implore you to let these fine men be only your helpers.

Because the bottom line is this: The Word of God is sharper than any two edged sword and it is sufficient to any believer.  We need to be reading the word of God, steeping ourselves in it, and daily falling in love with our LORD Jesus Christ, Yeshua, MESSIAH, the Lamb of God.

HE takes away the sin of the world.

He should be our focus, our driving force, our fear reducer, our lover.

Every single one of us is a faulty sinner, even to this day. We are subject to temptations and mistakes. We choose paths that give us grief and sorrow  instead of the best ones.

We are faulty. Even those esteemed theologians I mentioned above.

The real test is depicted in Matthew 24 and 25, when the Son of Man returns. Do you have oil in your lamp?

That is the most important question.

I believe that many will come to the Truth, to Christ, after the church of Christ disappears from the earth.  They will suffer for their faith. They must cling to the Truth and never give up----without the reassuring presence of the Holy Spirit---lose their lives!

But they have a great reward in heaven, and they will shine like stars in the universe, holding forth the Word of LIFE.

I know that I am in awe of those believers already, and such may be some of you, those of you who read this, and will find truth after I am long gone. Great is your reward in heaven.

It is less than two weeks until the feast of trumpets, as I write this. I have always believed that the rapture would occur at the feast of trumpets. Some of you remember Zola Levit. I read several of his books 30 years ago, and he said "Jesus always kept the feasts."

The Jewish feasts aren't just holiday celebrations for the Chosen People. They are patterns, symbols, and appointments for the people who choose to follow God.

"Choose you this day whom you will follow....As for me and my house, We will serve the LORD."

The feasts were a beautiful reminder that God has a master plan, a holy pattern that is playing out in His creation. Some of us have chosen to follow that path and pattern, becoming believers, and following the Savior He provided. Some are completely unaware of it because no one has told them!

"How shall they hear without a preacher?"

These appointments, feasts have been fulfilled up until the feast of Pentecost. 

They are fulfilled by Christ, in Christ, and through Christ. He is the pattern. The beautiful symbolism of these feasts and the life of Christ Jesus is hard to miss when you begin to study them.

Jesus always kept the feasts, and the last one he kept was Pentecost.....the next one for him to keep is Rosh Hoshana, the feast of trumpets.

"The trumpet shall sound, and the dead in Christ shall rise first, and we who remain will be CAUGHT UP TO MEET HIM IN THE AIR!"


So, friends, will it be this year?

As the Jewish people often greeted each other, or took leave, "Next year in Jerusalem!"

So can we expect to have a lovely reunion with all believers in that heavenly Jerusalem.

God isn't finished yet. Things are coming closer. (OF COURSE!) Each day we draw nearer to the fulfillment of time, and I believe we could be waiting, breathlessly, for the next event on God's calendar pattern to occur even THIS feast of trumpets.

I don't KNOW, but I think.


So get your oil in your lamps, and keep them burning, burning, burning. Burning 'til the break of day.....


Next year in Jerusalem! Maranatha.



No comments: