"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Too Much Coffee

I was falling asleep from weariness this evening before choir practice, so I drank coffee around 6:30 pm in order to stay awake.

I'm paying now.

Wide awake in the night!
I thought I'd write.

Cherie and I are sewing this week.  The dining room is a clutter of fabric and pattern pieces. We are enjoying the process, and so far we've had to rip out only a few seams.

The cats snooze on the rocking chairs and try to sit on each piece we drape over the back. They are opportunists. They like variety too.

I'm working on an a brightly patterned flannel nightgown, green, while Cherie sews a medieval gown. It too is green. Lincoln green, very Robin Hoodish.

She is really learning how to sew, and this pattern isn't easy. Nothing like a challenge!

Ed has been visiting friends away this week. It's spring break,  and I'm glad he got to get away for a spell.

He really enjoys his math class! I'm thankful.

The weather has been unusually springlike. The snow is gone and the lakes are turning deep gray. The ice goes early this year.

We have wintered in our new home, which makes four seasons that we've been here. We know what it is like now. Some unknowns are known.

Comforting.

It is such a life metaphor. There are these things we can't know yet. Death, resurrection, rapture.

Once we do there will be barriers never crossed again.

The unknown.

It makes me weary.

EXACTLY.
Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so love coffee and I am glad that you have shared your own inputs about it. I really had a great time reading. Visit my site too. Have a good day ahead of you.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com