"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, May 9, 2016

Joys

It's gorgeous here. The trees are in full bloom, the lilacs are cresting. The second round of tulips are open.
The grass is on its second mowing and the dandelions are practically knee high.
Sandhill Cranes are trumpeting by each morning and the farmer got the field cleared of the winter's crop of field stones.
He quickly planted it with corn, and I won't have much of a view come July.
Such is rural life.
The birds are almost annoying in their repetitive calls of bliss. I said "almost."
The Robins have nested on an outdoor light. What messy builders, and certainly not "code."
We're going to be very careful to avoid using that light for the time being.
My computer is badly performing, and I dislike blogging on my phone, but I wanted to write today.
 
Why do I write?
God can answer that. I write because I always have written. Journals and novels and poetry, ---letters, notes, lists.
I can't help myself.
I write.
I see that the world needs Jesus in a desperate way, and I say that in my writing. Or I try to.
I tell people how important it is to know Christ as the Savior of the world. It's the ONLY path to spiritual freedom and life.
The Devil is a canny deceiver. He has fooled the majority of mankind into believing something other than the Bible and its exclusive message.
The Holy Spirit opens eyes to see the truth of God's overarching purpose for this existence.
We are responsible for our own response.
Last night I gave a short talk about the history of the Bible at the jail.
There were 20 women there, and they hadn't heard anything about this subject before.  They were fascinated, just as I was, when I learned about it!
I think all of us should know the history of the Bible, since it is the ultimate authority for faith in The Creator.
It is so important to stand on a solid source for your purpose in life.
The Devil has been at War against God's Word from creation. We all must ask ourselves if we have been deceived --- in little or big ways.
I know that I have been deceived by him. I'm always thankful when I can look back and see where God has led me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yes, He has.
I pray that you find those paths, too. For your sake, as well.
It may mean risk and change for you, but it's worth it!
Micah 6:8King James Version (KJV)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Find your God in His word today.

No comments: