"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, May 2, 2016

Spring Things

It has been a year since we bought this new house. We've had a steady stream of friends and family visit us.

I haven't even sent out address change cards yet.

It's on the list.

We've celebrated a year of holidays, bridal showers, new babies, reunions and plain old Fellowship.

I've mowed and raked and gathered the branches that our oaks have shed.

 I spent today with the leaf blower. The south beds that make up a terraced rock garden needed to be freed.

There are ferns, bleeding heart, hosta and peonies thrusting through the tangle. I found some blue flowers that I can only describe as bluebells in full glory. There are a couple of tulips that don't belong, but I am letting them stay for now.

Spring gardening is so satisfying.

I've sorted, unpacked, discarded and pondered what fits in the new---different--- space.

Things that matter came into focus.

What a year.

God is good, and I think Jesus is coming soon.

Yes, LORD.  Come Lord Jesus.

MARANATHA


No comments: