"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Quick Updates

Ed is doing great. He's feeling pretty good, walking around with his walker. We are on Ed-watch, 24/7 for another few days. Then he can do things on his own.

He's been good about doing exercises, eating right, and generally watching out for his healing.

I'm not doing quite as well. I guess the stress is getting to me.

Kiwi's passing didn't do any favors for Corgi Hollows.

A pet. Even a pet's death can be a sobering reminder that we do not know what a day may bring!

I'm working my two jobs with the help of Cheri being home with Ed. She takes on Ed's watch while I'm away at work.

I'm becoming accustomed to the politics of workplaces. That is not something I missed as a home-school mom. Social constructs based on the personalities of the employee pool. It's there. It's real. It can be unpleasant. I'm tired of it already!

But I'm a good little worker bee, and I can keep my head down and busy myself along with the best of them!

It's been nice to have a little financial cushion again. It's not much, but enough. It's the timing of everything.

Blackberry moans in the night, she struggles to get up in the morning. I wonder, "How long?"

The day after Kiwi passed I went to the humane society and picked up a cat from rural Minnesota. He's all black with Topaz eyes. (Kiwi's were green)

It's uncanny how he has melded in to Corgi Hollows. It's remarkable how different two black cats can be! Topi (we call him) has a muscular farm-boy body. He's all black, no white markings. He's sweet and friendly. He and Predicate kiss when they meet in the hall. They still have their moments, but overall he has fit in purrfectly.

Somehow it distracts us from our grief to have him. Not needing grief-stress these days! There's enough stress to go around a few times, everyone with a heaping helping.

But we are fine, and looking for signs of spring.

Maranatha!


No comments: