"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Fascinating Week for Trump Haters

 I wonder if Blogger will publish this post because I used the H word.

I generally try not to use profanity. I believe it is a demonic force. People under its power can't speak a sentence without using some expletive, and I try to muzzle my mouth---and my thoughts so I never give in to that demon.

I do think there is a demon behind every corner, every tree. There are a lot of them, but God's warriors, His angels, are out there protecting me from their power at all times.

Really.

The supernatural world is real.

My hat's off to Disney for their "minion" characters. Demons are oft referred to as minions, and they are legion. Disney knows this. They are cute in the movies, but they are anything but cute in reality. I'm glad Disney calls attention to their ubiquitous presence.


I use the word "hate" carefully. Hate can be a trigger word these days. I do remember "Bush Derangement Syndrome" from 8 years ago.

I had a form of Obama derangement syndrome. I admit it. I survived those eight years he was in power.

I'm seeing "Trump Derangement Syndrome" in ways that BDS never manifested.

I was having a nice dinner with someone this past summer. She asked me who I voted for, and I said "Not Hillary."

She rose from the table, let out an expletive, and ran to the bathroom!

Her son said, "Why does she always do that??!!"

That's TDS.


Now that Hillary Clinton is bound for jail, (the Russia thing) I wonder what these Hillary supporters are really thinking.

Expletives?

Probably.

I'm not stupid.


As someone who TRIES to please Christ I want to show love to these people. I need to hold MY tongue, and NOT give in to expletives, ever.

I can't stop other people from using them, but I can hold my tongue.

I can't force my convictions on anyone, but I can live them. I can prove that following Christ is the best possible way to navigate this short life.


Politics come and go. Crime happens. People swear and use foul language. It's all a part of our world. What is important is staying true to the One who really matters, the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

No comments: