"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanks

I'm most thankful today.

I'm thankful that Ed's blood counts are entirely normal after cancer, and he is completely mobile with two new knees.

I'm thankful that Margaret is here, blessing us with her wonderful presence, not in France, and planning adventures.

I'm thankful that my son and his dear family are moving back to Minnesota this week.

I'm thankful that Cherie got her varsity letter in cross country this fall. Hard work, good performance, mature accomplishments. I'm thankful that she's gotten all of her driving requirements in!

I'm thankful that my oldest son and his precious bride are contemplating a move homeward from the Pacific Northwest.

I'm thankful for my husband's employer, a generous and happy company. I'm thankful for a capable, loving man to whom I've been married almost 30 years. God brought us together, and He did a good thing. You really cannot believe how I've been blessed by him and his incredible abilities and intellect. He is a selfless server, and I've been the main beneficiary thereof. Our children have been raised by a man of selfless love and giving.

I'm thankful for each young face I see at the school where I substitute teach, every day, and I love each one of them.

I am thankful for a darling little Corgi who brightens each of my days. I'm thankful for a loyal black Labrador mix that has given us 14 years of sweetness. I'm thankful for three beautiful and amusing cats that entertain us constantly, AND keep the mouse population away.

I'm thankful for friends that have been loyal throughout the years. My, how God has blessed me! Those of you who bless me with texts and love and times of fellowship DAILY are my backbone, and God has given me a plethora of wonderful people to call "friend."

I'm thankful for Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for His patience with me, a sinner, and one who messes up all the time! I'm thankful for His truth, the only real truth.

I'm thankful that He has provided us with a home, warmth, clothing, food, in abundance. Cars to drive, phones to keep in touch, a stove, a washing machine and a dryer!

Do you think about how easy it is to do life with these things?

I do. Stuff breaks, and then I realize how blessed I am to do things with the help of modern conveniences.

I'm grateful.

I'm thankful for parents who are in good health. What a blessing!

I'm thankful for the lives of those who have blessed me, who are now with the Lord.
It's bittersweet to miss them, but my heart is truly thankful for their beautiful contribution to my life, and to many others.

I'm thankful to God, that He made a privileged planet; designed bodies that heal, can repair themselves, and reproduce offspring. I marvel at the genetic code and His genius. I am in awe that He created something so wonderful to exist and enjoy His work and His glory! I am thankful that I exist.

I'm thankful that He ordained feast days, holy days, times of reflection and celebration. Whether or not they've been distorted by the devil, I will celebrate GOD'S DAYS, and HIS WAYS!

A time of gratefulness is entirely appropriate. The feast of tabernacles is an ordained celebration of thanksgiving. Today, November 22, 2018, is our feast of tabernacles.

God is good. I worship Him with thanksgiving.

We enjoy the feast that He has provided, and give Him all the glory and honor.


Sing a song of praise to the God of the Universe, Creator of everything! My mouth extols His wonderful majesty and infinite mercy. God is good. Praise His holy name!

A song of Thanksgiving, it fills my heart today and I pray that you, too, can breathe this prayer in your spirit this season of gratitude.

No comments: