"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Changes

When your last home-schooled child flies the nest to independence and college you are presented with a dilemma.

I've never been a great housekeeper, but I valiantly do my duties. I'm much more of a "working gal" and I needed to reevaluate my life choices. As a teacher one must always earn "teacher credits" and my degree is in Elementary Education.

After 2 years of substitute teaching I realized something: I'm old and I can't keep up with the little ones. I love them, but the fast-paced schedule is really too exhausting for me. Since I lost my thyroid function over ten years ago I have seen my energy levels wane. Age is just part of the equation.

I still have some mental power, and I enjoy working with the middle and high school kids immensely. The nature of that sort of schedule suits me.

I had to do some real thinking.

I decided to apply for graduate school, and I was accepted in the Masters of Public Administration program at a local university.

New steps, new goals, change.

Since I plan to pursue this degree full time I will be backing off of my writing and my reading. Since I love to write, I'll be driven to it once in awhile, reporting on things, sharing a thought. That's what my writing amounts to anyway. If you don't hear from me, you'll know why. I am thinking that school and work will become my all-encompassing activity, as well as caring for my aging parents next door. It's been fun!  Drop me a line sometime! I'll try to respond.

Thank you, blog readers, for your continued interest. I'm astounded that I have over 160,000 views on my blog, my little Corgi Hollows! You are my inspiration, and I hope that you have walked with me on your faith journey, your philosophy, your worldview.

I've enjoyed connecting with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ (which is going away tomorrow). I've been thrilled to join the network of believers world-wide. It's been wonderful.

Perhaps we will get back together. Perhaps we'll stay in touch.  Perhaps we will meet in the air!

May God bless you, dear friends!

No comments: