"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Oh the Thoughts....

Fragility and vulnerability, pain and breathlessness, moments of stark loss----this has been my world for the last month.

Oh, there are platitudes that I can repeat to myself----I've got my kids, I've got a place to live, I will go on---yada yada yada....

That's all right and good. Yes, I can tell myself positive things even now in my darkest hour.

They don't help much, though, as much as people want them to.

My only real comfort is that Brian is with Jesus, and I believe the Rapture of the church is IMMINENT.

The Bible promises that an unprecedented event will happen at some point in history----no one knows when (not even Jesus yet----just God the Father!) according to Scripture. It's a sudden event with no warning.

Either you believe the Bible or explain it away with your Critical Theory Theology.

I prefer to just believe.

It makes more sense.

It's far more hopeful. (Blessed Hope, Titus 2:13)

It's deeply comforting.

If I could rewind time and choose to have Brian get a triple bypass heart surgery I would. I'm stuck with the knowledge that Brian had an appointment with God, and he is the BETTER for it.

I miss him.

A dear friend came over yesterday and went through Brian's unfinished projects. He's also a project guy. Some of his tools Brian had borrowed, and I couldn't have identified them if he'd told me what to look for. I asked him to come over, find his tools, salvage the projects worth saving, sort out the stuff for my boys to look at, and generally give advice on things I really didn't have a clue about.

So helpful.

Yet so sad, too. I won't pretend that it isn't heart breaking to see Brian's projects and unfinished work dismantled. Brian could do anything, he just didn't have the time to do it.

Eternity is looking pretty good right now. Can you imagine having all the time ever needed to GET THINGS DONE?

Yes, my Biblically based view of eternity is meaningful work, all to the glory of God.

We strew verses here and there together, clues, to seeing what that glory is like with Jesus. I have a pretty good idea.

Are you ready to be raptured?

Get ready. I'm a prophecy buff. I watch. It's not just my own grief and circumstance that informs my desire to be with Jesus----it's what's going on in the world RIGHT NOW.

He's coming soon. PRAISE JESUS!

Maranatha!!!

No comments: