"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And Now We Resume Our Regularly Scheduled Program:

I told my physical therapist today that I was sorry I'd forgotten my last appointment, but I'd had two funerals and a wedding----not to mention all the other things----and she replied as expected:  "Isn't that a movie?"  (I think the actual movie is 'Two weddings and a Funeral' but I haven't seen it so I'm not going to say)
Well it could be!  Our lives seem so full of diverse activity I sometimes think it plays out like a movie classic!  Some twists and turns could hardly be scripted---they are so original and unexpected, but satisfying.
Snow is on the ground.  There's still yard work to do, but I intend to get some painting done this week.  With the big choir concert this weekend and Thanksgiving next I must get some energy to accomplish these superhuman obligations!
And I must resume all the normal preoccupations too: school, laundry, cooking, cleaning, shopping and LIVING! 
After the funeral in Nebraska last week (which was memorable and everything a Christian's funeral should be) it's been difficult to get much done around here.   I am so glad we took the time to go!  I could write lots more about it, but I'll mention two things briefly.  We lodged at a bed and breakfast where we truly felt at home!  "The Resting Place" was a lovely place to stay and the host and hostess actually were relatives---shirttail, but still connected!  They made the place so nice for us!   We enjoyed getting to know them as friends.
Since our little school had just finished reading "King of  the Wind" by Margarite Henry, I was especially excited to see an old photograph (brought to the funeral by another relative) of my husband's great uncle astride a horse he owned in the 30's, a direct descendant of Man O' War!  Our youngest children's eyes lit up at hearing the connection!  History made personal!
How I loved that book while I was growing up! 
Today my older daughter had a slip back to childhood as well.  Her American Girl doll, Felicity, is being "retired."  Before it was too late we purchased the famous blue "holiday gown" which she had always wanted.  Something early for Christmas!  She was happy and so was I.  We had fun today.
It's nice to get back to work.

No comments: