"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Some Times You Eat the Bear

And sometimes the bear eats you. 
When you have your life packed to the almost minute there's bound to be some nuclear fall-out that occurs when your ship tilts with added weight or a chimeric wind gust blows you almost to the sinking point.
How's that for some mixed metaphors? 
Yes, we are still afloat, and the sun is shining on this gorgeous November in Minnesota.  The house is warm at night and there's tons of food around here, thanks to a well-meaning acquaintance who knows "we" are job searching.  It's humbling to receive.  I don't do it well.  I have no real need right now, so accepting assistance becomes an act of gracious humility.  Believe me!  I know I'm to pass it on!!  I do, with joy, but it is hard to be a channel when so much is happening. 
My husband is diligently seeking employment.  I know his future status is completely in the Lord's hands, and I'm confident in God's provision.  I know this may require sacrifice, but I have recently been reminded that it is in the trials and hardships that God shows Himself most powerful, and that is such a privilege to experience.   I'm am grateful for His goodness, and God is always good.  He is Holy, He is Love, He is Just, He is truly everything to me.
Brother Yun is such an inspiration to me.  He had everything taken away from him, even food and water, and God miraculously sustained Him for His purposes.  I love that when he was at his worst deprivation, that was when the Holy Spirit was his sweetest comfort.

Somehow the world has no clue what this means.  We truly are on a narrow path, and few who are who find it.  When the things of this world grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace-----that is the most beautiful thing that can happen to a human being.

An uncle of my husband's passed away suddenly last Saturday.  Because this uncle and I were both mostly Swedish in an otherwise non-Scandinavian family I felt a connection with him.  He was a successful farmer who loved the Lord.  He was too young to die, really, but our days are appointed by the Almighty, and he is in a wonderful place, not wanting to get back now, for sure.  We will drive out to Nebraska to pay our respects and grieve with the family.  He will be missed for this time we have left on earth.

I'm trying madly to make things seem "normal" with schoolwork, music practice, caring for the pets, and putting at least two meals on the table each day.  (Our kids are all self-starters, thankfully)   I have a dog in heat (for what we think is the last time----no Corgi puppies after all! Boo-Hoo!)  and a house still half painted and half floored.  The yard work is gradually getting done and bees are needing to be put to bed for the winter (here).  Our bee adviser advised that the bees would do better with a spring move to new headquarters.
Overwhelmed?  Almost, but not. 
Burdens?  Many. 
Come unto me, you who are burdened.  Take my yoke, and learn of me.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. 
God is so good.

No comments: