"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back from the Dead (Apparently)

Kiwi and Blackberry have declared that I will live. I wondered about it myself over the past 3 days as I was hit with a "bug" that flattened me with a high fever and other unpleasant symptoms. My black lab and my black cat never left my side. Literally. Kiwi Kitty was constantly curled up, always touching me, usually a leg or foot, and Blackberry was never more than a foot away on the floor beside me. Touching, in an emotional sense! Last night Blackberry chose to sleep on her bed--(in another room!) and Kiwi left me for a nearby chair. Crisis over, I guess.
Animals are wonderful creations.
Interestingly, Misty Corgums never showed the same connection, but this morning (when the other two had checked out) she was the one to demand my attention. She must be a fair weather friend.
The weather has turned here. This morning I saw Canada Geese fly over. I heard bluebird songs, but haven't spotted them. The woodpeckers and nuthatches are busy on the trees outside. A group of crows spent half an hour in the tree tops back of the house early today. I wonder if they are looking for a protein morsel in the form of a bee. Although the snow cover is still pretty thick the bees have been out in the 50 degree weather. One of the hives is gone. The bees ate all the honey and were reduced to a handful. The other hive appears to be okay. We will have to move it soon. These warm days and cold nights are perfect for maple-syrupping---as we call it. My son will get his gear together for this strenuous activity soon.
I am going back to bed. Not ready to join the world yet. Just happy to be over the worst of the virus. What I read of the headlines I doubt anyone wants to be a part of---the mayhem in the aftermath of Japan's earthquake. Bleak stuff.
Margaret showed me an article about the governor of California and how he is trying to help fund the state's deficit through the promotion of his Corgi, Sutter. There really is a movement to promote world peace and welfare through Corgis! We joke about that here at Corgi Hollows, and now it's actually being implemented! Looks like we'll have to jump on the bandwagon.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. I'd better get my cook to get the corned beef in the oven. She has shone as a completely capable home-maker during this illness.

No comments: