"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Significant Snowmelt

It's still unseasonably cold outdoors, but I haven't ventured out to feel it personally. I'm monitoring the vanishing snow from the warm windows of my living room. Yesterday I was stricken with the third bug of March. For me it was the third flu or something nasty! Unbelievable! I won't belabor the details, but it is getting tedious to be sick every other week! Let's hope April brings relief. Only two of us got it, but that is two too many.
More maple sap was collected and now we have over a gallon of syrup. Lovely. Dogs are feeling spring fever and beg to go out. Blackberry will need a trip to the vet tomorrow as she seems to be showing signs of Lyme Disease. Poor dear. Misty was naughty today and escaped across the road.
I finished "Wesley the Owl," and started "Getting to Heaven," while I've been under the weather. Both interesting. I WISH people would read books like "Getting to Heaven" because they focus on the most important things in life: salvation, love, healing, forgiveness. So positive. So truthful. I haven't the strength to keep up the life story right now, but I've been thinking memories. I guess I think of all the things I have left out! Oh well. I'll pick up the story sometime.
The robins are chirping their good-night song outside. I'm so glad they are back. The chickadees are wildly flying all over the bushes and making nesting noises. Spring is so good!
It's easy to be a little depressed over the Japanese Tsunami and the war in Libya, the unrest in the Middle East and the general anti-Israel attitude. What about the crazy May 21st day of Christ's return and the video about the 12th Imam's soon return? So much confusion and anxiety!
Without Christ's solid promises and commands it would be easy to be discouraged.
But I know He cares for me. He loves me and provides for me. He heals me and lifts me up. He cares for my children.
A little story related in the "Heaven" book: A young mother of six lost her husband when he was in his 30's. She raised all six to be godly successes. What was her secret? She said she made a deal with God: She'd do all the work if He'd do all the worrying! Cute. A good reminder to all of us, right?
Even when there isn't a job, your children run into difficulties away from home, you've been sick...No worries.

No comments: