"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, May 20, 2011

Are You Ready?

Those of us who actually believe the Bible, and are not afraid to admit it, know that Jesus promised to come back someday. It also says in Thessalonians that we will be "caught up" in the air to be with Him.
Some scholars have translated that word "rapture."
The Bible also makes it clear that we do not know the hour in which He will come.
If you study Biblical prophecy at all (and almost 30% of the Bible is prophecy) you will come to the inevitable conclusion that Jesus is coming again, that there will be a season of His coming, that there will be "birth pangs," signs of the time.
What is most amazing to me is that something almost 2,000 years old is so relevant to what is going on today.
Ezekiel predicts an uprising of particular nations against the land of Israel. Is it not remarkable that those nations even exist millenia hence?
I find it remarkable. I am un-phased by silly predictions of the timing of Christ's appearance. I know it will happen when God wills it.
Israel will stand as a testimony to the truth of God's Word.
My life will be centered on following Christ in deed. I am called to love God and my neighbor. Part of that love is to believe His Word and share vital truth with those I know.
Repent and get ready. We don't know when He is coming, but we need to be ready.
The wonderful benefit of being ready is a life infused with meaning and purpose while we await His return. We have a win-win situation.

No comments: