"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Busy Spring

Today was another house project VICTORY! My dear friend, and fellow home school mom came over with her saws, power tools, engineer brain, and moral support for my better half----and they got the office laminate flooring down! HOORAY!
I mowed. My hard-working eldest son mowed too.
Right now my husband is spackling the walls for a fresh coat of paint, and won't the office look splendid?
For my praying friends I would like to request prayer for an upcoming interview. Mine. Life changes ahead no matter what, and some could be for the best. I'm excited to see what will be.
I had a nice time visiting the bees today, too. They really are very happy at the farm. Two days ago our city sprayed for Gypsy Moths, and that made almost no one I talked to happy. Certainly our bees could never have tolerated the pesticide had they been still here.
Last night was a lovely band concert for my musician son, who is 12.
Some concerts are outstanding, and this one was. He plays clarinet like his dad, his grandma, and his cousin.
Last week my nephew played his clarinet on Jay Leno's Tonight Show, a lovely accompaniment  to the song by "Iron and Wine."  So pretty. I don't know the song, but it was nice.
Have a meaningful Memorial Day. I am reading "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. It is the story of Louie Zamperini, who recently visited this area. Margaret and my husband got to hear him speak. They were amazed at his life story. He is a WWII vet who is now 94 years old. What a story! I want to finish it by Monday.

No comments: