"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, June 2, 2011

God Answers Prayer

Yesterday was a day of gorgeous weather and anxious thoughts. I had my interview on Tuesday, my husband had a professional business gathering of his engineering peers, and school got back into full swing after the Memorial Day Weekend. Yesterday we all prepared for a visit from our last Chinese student and a friend of his: rhubarb pie, homemade ice cream, s'mores and hot dogs on the campfire. (Quite the spread!)
As I did my laundry I asked God for something very specific for yesterday. I know that the answer can be "no." That doesn't discourage me, even, because often the answer is NO. God's ways are higher than my ways.
But it is SO exciting when He does answer a prayer. An answer that only can be His, and in the affirmative, with a specific action. Do we twist His arm? Horrible thought. Do we need reassurance of His love? Sometimes. Yesterday He answered my simple prayer, and it was so wonderful.
I must tell of His love, and His concern. We are His witnesses, and when something wonderfully special happens we are bound to testify.
So what did I ask for? I asked for a certain phone call to happen, out of the blue. And it did.

No comments: