"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tick Tock

Another waiting game has begun.
I am waiting for two of my children to return home from camp tomorrow. They worked there this past week, and I can't wait to hear how it went for them.
More waiting on my husband's job search.
It never rains but it pours!
Today he was on the phone or email with FOUR different possibilities! One is in Gloucester, MA. One is in Georgia. Two are here in the state, but with one the resume had to be sent to Denver, CO. Next week should prove interesting, with one interview pending.
How do you pray? I'm praying for provision.
I don't know how or what, when or WHY.
I know that the Lord has made promises to me that He will fulfill. I'm sure it's boring to read all this, but when your life hangs in suspension you tend to obsess over the unknown more. None of us knows what tomorrow holds, but it's nice to have a pretty good guess!
In the meantime, just for interest, I'm linking to an article about my brother and his company: http://www.investmentadvisordigital.com/investmentadvisor/201106#pg1
I thought it was fun to see him on the current cover.
He has done well, but as we all know, (and does he) it's only temporary. This life is incredibly short compared to eternity, but oh so important! Eternal destiny is determined in the "few" minutes of this existence, and when we feel time dragging we can remind ourselves that really, what we do every moment really does matter.
Follow Christ in everything.

No comments: