"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, September 12, 2011

Hello World

Margaret is swamped with her college load, so I am announcing that her blogging is going to suffer for the next undetermined time frame! Really, she has an excuse, but I hate to see her camera sitting idle for TWO DAYS at a time! I have the joy of seeing her unedited, un-posted photos on my computer, and I freely help myself to them whenever I need an illustration!

Son number two is also swamped. He gets up at 4:30 am to drive to the Park and Ride to meet the first bus headed downtown, boarding at 5:00am. ROTC physical training starts at 6:00am, classes throughout the day. On Mondays and Wednesdays he has orchestra in the evening: then the hour bus ride home to his car, then finally home to get sleep before the daily grind begins again. We have been helping with some of the transportation, at least for his cello, which cannot be lugged around school all day. It has added up to a blast-off with school this year!

I did spend a peaceful evening on the Bohemian River Flats during his orchestra period tonight. The sun was setting through a smoky haze, (the Boundary Waters are burning tonight) and the University looked rosy and tranquil. The Mississippi was calm and many water craft were skimming by. I have no complaints!

On nights like this I hate to think of leaving Minnesota, but not my will...

The firm in Iowa informed my husband that no new plans for employment would be implemented until after next year's election.

Politics do affect us.

There was a "bite" from California today for him. His resume was duly sent off. Now the wait begins.

I read "When Life Comes Undone," by T.J. Addington the other evening. Click on it on the Books page if you want the information. I find more peace and hope reading people's hardship stories, hearing testimonies of God's work in lives, than ever before. God is faithful. Life doesn't last forever (thankfully!) and we have so much to look forward to, knowing Christ.

I cannot stress enough the need to get right with God, to repent, to trust Him for every thing! Rain falls on the righteous and the evil. We thank God for all He does, always, knowing His ways are not our ways. His ways are higher. The believer has a starkly different perspective on life.

And we get through each day. One day at a time. My children are learning this day by day. It's a very good lesson to add to their college load!

The weather is about to change. Cold coming! What a metaphor for our lives.

No comments: