"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Profanity

I want to slip this little thought in here tonight before the week ends.

I wonder if you have been as bombarded by bad language as I have been recently. It seems you can't get away from it---in stores, in the media, even in church!!!

I've come to the thinking that profanity/ vulgarity is driven by spiritual forces, and I think anyone who uses degrading language should question what it is doing to their spirit.

Is this evil taking over part of your soul? Is this a spiritual stronghold that is most easily spotted (just hearing what you are saying) and eliminated with most difficulty?

As we see a satanic spirit sweep our world, preparing mankind for his "anti-coming" I wonder if we will be bombarded with evil language.

Keep your thoughts and your tongue pure.

Don't succumb to the spirit of this age.

You are assaulting Christ with each vile word.

No comments: