"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Unexpected in September

Ed went to the clinic this morning to get his port accessed for the next round of ARAC, a chemo drug that I've been giving him at home.

His blood counts revealed a low hemoglobin----back to 7.3 again!

Ugh.

Tomorrow a blood transfusion is scheduled. Another one.

Best to play it safe.

No wonder he took his mowing job slow yesterday, and he looked pale this morning. I still can't get used to this cancer thing.

I did have my cry on Sunday, which, once it started, was hard to turn off. It really was like a spigot of sadness, and a leaky faucet.

Today I'm back in the saddle, back to a fighting feeling. The clinic gave us tickets to the Twin's game tomorrow night. Amazing. I wrote about the game on Thursday... Our cup overflows.

Two dear people from our church gave us gift cards to the Holiday gas station. It's been nice to have them for a quick little treat on the way home from the clinic.

We tried the pumpkin spice cappuccino this morning. Yum! I'm not usually a fan of pumpkin spice, but this was REALLY good!

Treats.

When you live 12 hours at a time it is truly the little things that become important. They should be. Gratefulness for every little thing is the way you get through it.

And God is good. The wallpaper on my phone is still:



2 comments:

Renee said...

Tears flood my eyes for you today, Con. Here's praying tomorrow brings good news.

Unknown said...

Good to hear about all the blessings from friends. Please know we're praying for you every day. If I can help in any way let me know. Love, Elaine