"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Silence

These have been days to think about how the world began the year 2015.

I've been quiet, thinking over several issues that I've been concerned about. Also I've been doing my least favorite thing, the ARAC chemo injection at home. That always shakes me up some.

It went well. The only strange thing is that the pupils of Ed's eyes are different in size. Normally that would be a bad sign, but because he's been wearing a special anti-nausea patch on his back and he took it off yesterday, possibly brushing his eye with a trace amount of the drug on his finger, we are going to wait and see how things are by Monday. I called the clinic. This could explain the discrepancy.

Monday will be another spinal tap. The infusion won't be quite as long as it was last Monday.

France. My Margaret may be there for the school year next year. She's applied for a teaching/assistant position there for next year. We'll see what happens, but as we watch events unfold there we consider. Wouldn't you?

We all know that most of the country is peaceful and still, normal. Perhaps like the religion of Islam.

Ninety percent of the adherers of Islam are peaceful. We are told this. The 10% who are not peaceful do all the damage.

I'd like to point out that I am an extreme Christian, and by that I mean I want to be extremely like Christ.

I want to love my enemies. I want to pray for those who persecute me. I want to show everyone I know the "narrow way."

Those are my extremes.

If you could use one word to describe each major world religion what would you choose?

I'd choose these:

Judeo-Christianity: LOVE
Islam: Fear
Buddhism: Emptiness
Judaism: Separatism
Asian Folk Religions: Tradition
Hinduism: Confusion
Mormonism: Rules
Wicca: Female
Satanism: Rebellion

Certainly there are those that have distorted religion. One must go to the core beliefs to make such generalizations.

Don't judge the book by its cover! Get down to the basic facts. We all must judge for ourselves the merits and drawbacks of each "faith."

Walter Martin wrote two books which I recently acquired: "Kingdom of Cults," and "Kingdom of the Occult." I'm looking forward to reading these large tomes.

I may be able to expound on my generalizations after I read them.

I think it is important to define and defend the reasons for believing in your faith. For me knowing Christ is completely justifiable and sensible.

It makes perfect sense.




No comments: