"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thank You

I had a superb birthday. I heard from many of you! Calls from Germany, emails, texts, Facebook posts...It was wonderful, and so sweet.

I have a grateful heart, remembering our deep friendships and your incredible concern for us as we wade through deep waters. Your prayers and love are what keep us going, knowing that God is working through each thing that comes our way.

Thank you! My birthday was just a means to encourage!

Ed is on the couch next to me right now.  He's snoozing. The chemotherapy that he is doing this week and last will be showing itself as the days go by. His blood counts will be dropping, and our nurse warned us that this upcoming weekend he will be pretty low.

No sports. No skiing, no snow-tubing. Nothing that could possibly cause an injury to his brain. When you are sixteen and you have friends doing these things---and you love to do them too----it's sort of a drag to be excluded. Ed has accepted it. Maybe later next month, if the snow holds out...

Today it's way below zero again, so it is hard to imagine spring.

Yesterday was another spinal tap. Today I will be back at the home-chemo thing. Also tomorrow and Thursday.

My friend came over last Friday and played games with Ed and Cherie while I went to work out at the YMCA for a couple of hours. That was such a sweet gesture! Thank you, V!! I needed that exercise terribly!

Another dear friend brought me a birthday cake yesterday. She had decorated it beautifully---a specialty of hers.

My husband gave me roses (and aren't they gorgeous?) I've been drinking in their fragrance.

My daughters also gave me a sweet bouquet of pink and yellow posies.

I'm really spoiled, aren't I?

I like having a birthday in January. It's such a cold and dark month, having a birthday makes it more fun. We visited the Como Park Conservatory yesterday, and it was like medicine sitting among the palm fronds.

Ed's been working on a book he's writing, and he spent some time on that there. I took pictures of the exotic blooms. It was really pleasant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuzf8VdXirQ

The Northern Lights Chorale sang a benefit concert on Sunday. This was one of the pieces we sang. Enjoy.

No comments: