"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, April 6, 2015

Misty Moisty Monday Morning

I greet my readers, also especially my sons whom I miss more and more. The aches and pains of motherhood surprise me some days.

What a week ahead.

Plans for closing on the new house continue, step by step. There are quirky problems that must be addressed, and it is a huge change for us, even if I am familiar with the territory!

I keep praying, "Lord, if it is your will that we are to live in that house, grease the skids toward closure....but if not, SLAM THE DOOR!"

"Decision Making and the Will of God" is a helpful book when ascertaining next steps in life. We must go forward, the car needs to be in "drive," and we need to make progress as we navigate this life.

Elisabeth Elliot has wonderful advice too, all simply stated, "Do the next thing."

I have thought of this countless times when facing change or trauma.

And yes, I know trauma.

The new bees are to arrive this week. My husband checked the two hives that survived the winter on Friday. One hive is going "gangbusters" and the other is weak. In order to make it until basswood blossoming they require sugar syrup and pollen patties.

New bees arriving from California will have to forge for themselves too...the weather is less than perfect for hiving, but perhaps as good as any Minnesota spring temperatures. It's raining.

Ed starts driver's education tonight. He's way past due to begin this, but in light of his 15th and 16th years' trials it's understandable. After surviving three children learning to drive I vowed I'd not do it again, but here we go...

I usually speak in tongues during this phase of home education. I can't help it. It just comes out.

I hope you all had a lovely Spring Festival time....particularly Resurrection Sunday! We did. I had my parents come for grass-fed roast beef, Caprese salad (thank you Robert, for the recipe!), Swedish limpa, banana walnut muffins, romaine salad, sauteed asparagus, and two kinds of dessert---New York style cheesecake and Forgotten Cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

It was very good.

Cherie, my husband and I watched the "10 Commandments" on television for the very first time. That is a LONG movie, and so inaccurate to Scripture it annoyed. Check that off the list. I was able to get most of the sleeves done on the next Aran Fisherman's sweater I'm knitting for my husband.

The week we had with no clinic visits is over, and it was wonderfully refreshing. Now we have two doctor's appointments this week, with a spinal tap coming up early next week.

Ed is at the point where you say the words "spinal tap" and he feels nauseous. We have to be thoughtful. Chemotherapy has begun to be very psychological.

I am psyching myself into purge mode. My good friend is coming over to help me tomorrow. I trust her judgement particularly, as she home schooled, loves to craft, has a daughter who is an artist, AND pets galore. She understands me. She's also a book collector, like me. Her engineering mind is peerless, too, so I'm placing much hope on her advice.

The little Japanese best-seller, "The Life Changing Art of Tidying Up" is being read chapter by chapter in the mornings to help us all define what gives us a "spark of joy," and must be kept, versus the things that don't----and must be eliminated.

The birds have returned to the budding trees and the lilacs are ready to burst, (early). Drought has been noted in the state this spring, so this misty moistness is really necessary.

The last spring in this place?

Maybe.



No comments: