"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pace Yourself

I'm going to bare my heart in this post, more than usual.

With "The Move" becoming more real I have that bad habit of waking in the wee hours of the night with an active brain. I think about what to get rid of, where to put stuff, yadda yadda...

And I think about what the Lord is teaching me.

Last year, when life was looking very bleak in some ways, (thank the Lord for the sweet daughters-in-law that the Lord gave me to be a balm to my troubled soul!) I began to read a book called "The Equation," by Malcolm Isted.

It's about the Bible Code, ultimately, which you can look up easily on the interwebs.

The interesting thing for me is how it summed up so many things I've been watching, seeing, learning about for several years. It neatly packaged them up.

Now I realize that life isn't very neatly packaged for most of us. It certainly hasn't been for me. Yet the message of this book resonated with me for the dark time I was in the middle of.

It was as if the Lord said to me, "Pace yourself!"
And I think He did say that to me.

When you face life altering change, not for the better, you need hope. That is a fact.

Faith gives us hope, always, but there is a need to see across the bridge of the turbulent waters of trials that we find ourselves in. Perhaps we can't see the end of the bridge, the light at the end of the tunnel...but we know, in faith, that it is there.

That is hope, that is faith.

I have been watching for Christ's return, in faith, since I was a very young child. Some people just do that. I've always thought prophecy the most affirming of spiritual growth. It has been a catalyst of tremendous hope and spiritual confidence.

When you see prophecies from the Bible come to pass you cannot argue. I know some do, and their spiritual eyes are simply shut. The eyes of the soul don't miss God's truths.

I have tried over the years to lay down solid reasons for believing in the Bible, but it comes to nothing without the Holy Spirit's power working in a heart to open the eyes of the soul.

So, ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes as you read His Word, and ask Him to help you see truth. Humble yourself and repent of your sins. This is the key to spiritual life.


But back to pacing:

1.   Israel
2.   War in the Middle East
3.   Signs
4.   Apostasy in the church
5.   Enoch
6.   Noah
7.   Jude
8.   Revelation
9.   The Mark of the Beast
10. The Feasts
11. Jerusalem
12. The Temple
13. The Jewish People
14. Persecution
15. Beheadings
16. Economic Upheaval
17. Catastrophe
18. The Bible Code
19. Evil
20. A Dying Earth

It goes on and on. These are things we watch for, things we are seeing. In light of all we've seen, other things come into play.

We know there is a time frame described in the Bible for the End of all Things.

We know that Jesus always kept the feasts, and the last one He kept was "Pentecost."

The next feast after Pentecost on the Jewish calendar is called "Rosh Hoshana," or Jewish New Year.

This year that falls on or about Sept. 14. We don't know the exact day or hour. Does that sound familiar to you?

This day, the 29th of Aluul, Rosh Hoshana, is also a "Shmitah," a seven of sevens. The "Shmitah" is a sabbath of sorts---a day of blessing for a nation that follows God, a day of cursing for the nation in rebellion.

Interestingly, Malcolm Isted found that Sept. 14, 2015 is very significant according to Biblical code. I won't go into that, as you need to read the book, if you are interested. His mathematical expertise is worth a look at.

Do we know what will happen that day? No.

Could a prophecy "watcher" take special note of Sep. 13, 14, and 15 of this year? Yes.

God lets His people know His assurances and His love. We are told to watch, to have oil in our lamps, to make ready for the feast! We are told to expect, to look up----Our Redemption draws nigh!

God has given us signs and seasons. He says to notice the red sky at morning! He mentions the fig tree, the harvest, and he describes specifics to look for--the anti-Christ, the Beast, the 10 nations, alliances between Persia and "Gog," Ezekiel's dry bones, the greening of the desert, animal life dying, and the kings of the earth standing in defiance of the Most High God.

He even says that He gives us these signs so that WE WILL KNOW!

So I am watching. I'm beginning to think that I know much more than I've known before.

A quiet thought came to me last year, as I desperately prayed for Christ's return. {Who doesn't want deliverance from leukemia, a child's suffering, and other maladies? I was praying, (just as I did before every test I ever took!) "Come now, Lord Jesus!" I pray Maranatha every day! }The quiet thought was simply two words---"Pace yourself."

So I have. I'm pacing myself. I expect Jesus to appear to His church at any moment, but I think time is extraordinarily short. There just isn't much time left, people.

Whatever happens this fall----and I have no "word of knowledge" that I claim---just a quiet peace that He is coming soon.

Pace yourself, but get ready for sure!

I will close with the Apostle Paul's injunction: "To live is Christ, to die, gain."

"Shall we sin that grace may abound? God forbid."

"Therefore in Christ there is no condemnation."

Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

https://answersingenesis.org/is-the-bible-true/seven-compelling-evidences-confirm-bible-is-true/ 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

E had me read that book! I found it quite exciting that we may see amazing things on the date of our second wedding anniversary!

Corgi Hollows said...

I know that is the day---or about that day! (13,14,15...) We'll see what happens. It's most definitely a day to watch. Whenever Christ comes back it will be something of a surprise---and that keeps us always watching, waiting, and HOPING! <3