"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, July 4, 2016

Independence Day

It's a quiet morning here at Corgi Hollows.

Ed is back from Camp-Mak -A-Dream, in Montana, and he had a marvelous time. He rode a horse, created art projects, played the piano in the talent show, and met 45 other cancer survivors.

From listening to him it was the people that made the biggest impression. The activities were fun, but the people were most important.

Ed is a "people person."

I'm grateful that he was able to go.

Last night at the jail there were only a few women who came to the Pilot Outreach meeting. There is a different atmosphere with only 8, versus 21---which we had the last time I went.

I don't know how to convey the grief that these women deal with. They are sorry for their wrongs, their crimes, sorry for the loss of family and children, sorry for the mess they've made of their lives.

Some of them have no idea how long they are going to be in jail. One of the Spanish speakers said that she didn't know anything about her sentencing, her time, her lawyers----she'd been there 90 days and she had no clue.

These women haven't seen the sun or moon since they were put in jail. There are no windows in this jail. One gal has been there 2 years.

Sounds beyond belief.

Apparently some lawyers consider these girls low priority, and they shove their cases off.

So they turn to Jesus. They talk about their spiritual lives and how they've been transformed. They are sweet.

What else do they have?

It proves to me that when there is nothing there is Jesus.

I thank the LORD for my Independence. My freedom. My faith, my life. I can only see blessings on this perfect fourth of July. God is incredibly GOOD!

I've seen some hard things. I've blogged my way through them these past 6 years. You know this.

But, ultimately, I've been blessed. God has always provided.

Sometimes, when you see people really suffering for their sins, here, now, in jail, you realize that your actions do matter.

I love how Francis Schaeffer drives home the point that God chooses people, and they are drawn irresistibly to Him, not of their own accord.

Yet, still, we human peons get to choose Him. We get to repent of our sin. We get to be numbered among the saints. We get to be loved and provided for, blessed beyond measure.

Those that have died in Christ Jesus are living the heavenly fellowship of Christ's presence today. Now.

So, repent. Choose Jesus.

Nothing else matters today!

I am thankful for the beauty of this country and my life in this quiet place. It could all change in a heartbeat, but I am grateful now, for everything until now.

God is so good.

I'm thankful for this country, that my husband and sons have given part of their lives to serve it in the Army. I'm thankful for a strong defense system.

I hope it is strong.

I'm thankful that my great grandparents chose to come here from Sweden, Norway, and Germany, way back in the 1800's. I'm thankful for that.

I'm grateful that I have hundreds of like-minded friends who show their love to us daily---in word and deed.

Thank you, friends!

I'm thankful for books and information, that we can know what is happening in the world, and know about the history of who we are.

I'm thankful for the Bible. The life manual that is ever astounding in its depth.

I'm thankful that God can speak to us, to each situation, in its amazing composition and clarity.

Amazing.

I'm thankful for His promises. He's coming again. This is our hope. This is what we fix our eyes on. He is coming! Soon!

I'm thankful for what the Bible has prophesied, so I can look for signs of His coming. I'm thankful that the signs are happening!

How exciting.

I'm thankful this Independence Day.

There's much to be discouraged about. I know.

But today I will focus on the goodness of God, and His presence and provision.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!


No comments: