"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Week of Rest

About once a year I accompany my husband on a business trip. We always stay at the same place, so it's somewhat like a vacation home for me.

It's not a scenic place, nor particularly entertaining.  I bring books, my art supplies and knitting.

I turned on Conan last night to watch my nephew and niece play their new song, but haven't even watched HGTV the entire time (a traveling weakness of mine).

The staff here are phenomenal.  I love it. The pools are exceptionally clean, and most of the time I feel like I own the place. They serve breakfast everyday,  and supper Monday through Wednesday!

It's nice.

So I got a lot done.

I am reading Francis Schaeffer. My friend reminded me of the book "True Spirituality" a few weeks ago, and I revisited it.

You should, too. Or read it for the first time.

Schaeffer is an "old dead white guy," but my, how prescient he was!

We are in the last of the last days, and I say that with the assurance of one who sees trends of cultural demise and its hallmarks.

Schaeffer certainly fingers these trends!

I could quote pages of "The God Who Is There" and "Escape from Reason," but I found the photographed paragraph below in "The Church Before the Watching World."

With the continual barrage of attack on God's design for His creation, specifically regarding sex and the perversion thereof,  Schaeffer prophecies our soon destruction.

Oh, if he were alive today. He'd be heartbroken over the world,  but probably more so about his son's foray into madness.

But all of us have ones who are dear, but lost. Those that simply cannot bring themselves to the very narrow path of  God's way.

We weep, plea with God to open their spiritual eyes, beg them to read the Word, learn of Jesus, but they continue to make statements of their lives in opposition to his commands.

They struggle with sexual ambiguity,  support the destruction of human souls (abortion), blatantly bow to the god of this world, Lucifer, in pursuing mysticism, Hinduism, materialism, environmentalism, tolerance, liberalism, feminism, sustainability, sex, alcohol--- and completely ignore the message of the cross.

Can you imagine the hatred, anger, lust, envy, gluttony, greed, pride, and other evils in their hearts?
God is not the author of confusion, so their confusion is clearly of the devil himself.

WAKE UP!

We SHALL be known by our fruit. We are to confess our sins, not flaunt them! We are to repent of sin, not justify it! We are to pursue Christ, not the World.

Do NOT give in to the spirit of the age.

Love, as Jesus commands, but do NOT bow to anything less than God alone.

And make sure you know who your god is.

You may think you are following Someone,  but you don't know him well enough to realize you aren't!

The deceiver masks as a being of light. When you follow any path contrary to the word of God you are on the highway to the devil.

There are "Namenschristen" the world over.  Christians in name only. They do not believe anything but a manufactured god of their own choosing.

The Bible calls that something. Idolatry.  It is mentioned in the first of the ten commandments,  and it is the one Jesus brought up in the Gospels.

They do not know God.

They may know tradition, cultish programs, family values, and other "good" ideas, but not The Creator.

Why do I harp on this, post after post? 

Because if you are in my circle I want you warned, shaken out of your traditions and ease, and ready to leave it all for the One who truly matters: Jesus Christ.

Don't play the game of this world anymore.

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are condemned.  It's all up. The hope is only in faith in Christ.

Death is coming. The rainbow is a sweet warning that judgment is surely coming. In curious irony the LGBTQ community flies the sign of coming doom. It's like they are proclaiming their own destruction!

Think of it.

Come soon, Lord. Maranatha!

No comments: