"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Love Affair

It was the month of June when I fell in love with this place I now call home.

Sometimes I have to figuratively pinch myself. I still can't grasp that we've been able to buy a foreclosed home, so perfectly located, adapted to country life and live next door to aging parents---

It all seems somewhat staged. Unreal.

But it is real.

My husband is the best. He had to adapt more than anyone, and he's done so swimmingly.

I wouldn't call it love for him, but it's something akin. At least we are closer to the honeybees!

I do love it.

I mow every square inch in praise to God. I pull up these monstrous dandelions (so healthy in this rich soil) and appreciate the privilege.

I see my son, Ed, recovering from leukemia.

It was 2001, and the Twin Towers came down in New York. Disaster was real to all of us. I've always been looking for the Rapture, ever since I heard about it as a child. Christ's return seemed momentary in 2001.

It's fifteen years later. I still think that His return is imminent. I have thought that way my whole life, and one doesn't change a pattern easily.

Christ is coming. Soon. Relatively. Could be today. Could be next week. Could be on Pentecost. Rosh Hoshanna. Could be fifty years from now---

The point is to watch. The point is to see the signs and live in this moment fully, aware that our Lord is coming.

I've been learning that.

With the somewhat heavy burdens of the last few years for me, I've been cautiously trying to breathe again. I'm guiltily enjoying the beauty of THIS earth----in a completely unreasonable way!

I know GOD IS GOOD!

He is GOOD all the time---in good times and in bad.

Be still, and know that I am GOD. Psalm 46:10

I'm learning to accept (with amazement) His good gifts.

June is a month for weddings. Bursting with beauty and verdant life, it seems such a fitting setting for nuptials.

I have this thing about June. It's become my anniversary of a love I didn't expect---a new sort of middle age, a country beginning, a relationship change.

All wonderful.

Perhaps Jesus will come in June. How fitting.

I have issued a challenge to myself and friends who want to join in----Read the gospel of John in the month of June. John in June.

It's only day 2, so if you want to join still, please do.

John is quite the book. I saw a pamphlet on Bible study, and John and Genesis were the two books to begin with.

If you haven't read them you need to.

Prophecy watchers----be aware that things are heating up, politically, economically, naturally. I'm watching the sky cams with a facebook friend. An object is being photographed daily. It's getting closer to the earth.

The "Blue/Red Kachina" of the Hopi legend? The object that halted the sun's progress in the Bible (Moses)? A part of Noah's flood catastrophe? The orbit fits some mathematical calculations. Non-believers call it Planet X or Nibiru.




One thing is clear. It's getting closer. Will it cause natural disaster this time? Perhaps.

Something to watch. Speculation abounds.

As believers in Christ Jesus we stand on HIS promises. On the Bible's words. We trust it.

That is the only logical thing to do, as the Bible has always been 100% accurate in predicting events and telling truths.

Higher Criticism tried to strip the authority of God's word, but in a delightful way science always comes up in agreement with it.

The LORD is true. Man is a liar. (Romans 3:4)

So, if God says He will bring the Jewish people back to the land of Israel, He will. He did.

If the word of God says that they will never be removed, they won't be.

If Jesus says "I go to prepare a place for  you, and IF I go I will come again---"
HE WILL.

No worries. Even death has no sway. We are completely in tune with the ONE who made the world.

This is true love.

The Father loves us. Even us sinful beings.

Amazing love.

Get right with God today. Read John. Repent from your sin. Watch the signs. I have wondered countless times why we are all still here!

But I know God's plan is unfolding, and He is incredibly patient with mankind. His timing is perfect, and He had it planned from the beginning.

My job is to watch and bear testimony of His truth from the Word of God.


Come to Christ. His burdens are light.







No comments: