"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Reflections

It is cool, sunny, breezy and June.

I'm struggling with things, though, because Misty is not well.

She's been steadily losing weight, due to the activity around here I supposed---but apparently things just aren't as they should be.

Her backbone is starting to stick out, and I've switched her food, fed her treats, watched her carefully for activity changes.

Now her abdomen is starting to swell some.

Cancer.

Why do some of us have to deal with so much cancer?

What a fallen world we live in.

I'm taking her to the vet, shedding tears, giving her lots of love and enjoying her sweet presence. I'm afraid her days are numbered.

Maybe it is a parasite.

She caught a gopher, and ate it, just the other day. I can only hope it is as simple as that.

Ed and I talk about cancer. Often.

His controlled poisoning, chemotherapy, is doing the trick of curing his cancer, and we are incredibly grateful. Poison isn't wonderful, though.

We live in a fallen world.

I'm waiting for the Savior to come and finish things up.

You know what that means?

I live my life in light of eternity. I can't get away from that. Eternity counts so much more than this life!

I know people who think this life is it. It's all that matters. It's everything.

That's not my take.

Eternity lasts forever. This life, maybe 8 decades if you're lucky.

Maybe 10. Rarely 11.

It's not about this life. Really.

I live with an eternal perspective, wanting my loved-ones to live in the same way.

WHO CARES if you're rich or successful or famous or a winner??????

It doesn't matter.

What matters is your relationship with GOD.

Have you repented? Have you believed? Have you read a Bible to understand God's ways?

That is what matters.

Not your job, your house, your clothes, your diet, your travels or your jewelry.

It's all wood, hay, and stubble.

It's all going up in the fire to come.

I heard a preacher say the other day that the Bible is "batting a thousand" on prophecy and the line up of events for the end of time.

Better get on board now.

JESUS IS COMING SOON.

What are you going to say to Him?
Why should He let you into heaven?

The only answer you should have is "BECAUSE YOU DIED FOR MY SINS."

Eternity matters. Hell is. Heaven is better.

I don't mind scaring anyone into heaven. Jesus did.

The God of the Bible is the one that calls you to come out of the world and be different. To reject sin.

So come out. We have only days left. Time is short.

Don't worry about that one who has offended you. Don't worry about that precious pup that you've loved for 8 years....

God knows all about it.

You are responsible for following Him, as HE wants you to follow in the Scriptures.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.

So give it up and follow Him.

Eternity matters.

Keep watching.

I can't wait.

No comments: