"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hitting the Fan

This septic system is problematic.

Corgi Hollows has been a wonderful haven for us and our friends, but it seems a week doesn't go by without some other issue rearing its head.

This week we found the pipe to the mound was blocked by winter ice. This means the pipe has settled, and the long term fix is to dig up the driveway, the yard, the pipe, and put in a new one.

Now we must pump the system out regularly.

Hey, it's functional.

It's expensive.

And the Lord wants us to lean on Him and rely on Him DAILY!

Here's a funny that my husband just repeated to me:

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

You'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes. (Ha ha ha)


My beautiful red car has been in the shop for three weeks. Something was defective in the transmission. Rather strange, since we purposefully bought a manual transmission to thwart bugs in the system. We have driven manual transmissions our whole driving lives. I learned to drive it in Germany. He learned it in high school. Funny how the things we choose to avoid problems can become problems!

You can't win.

But God. God gently leads us through all these irritations.

Irritations are a given in life. It's how we roll with them that produces character. We all know this. We sometimes practice what we know.

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Ed has scheduled his next knee replacement surgery. It will happen this summer. Deterioration has been steady and increasingly obvious. We're praying he can finish this semester at the community college without too much pain. Mayo Clinic, here we come again!

Dr. Truesdale is probably the best knee replacement surgeon in the whole world.

What a privilege to be able to have him do the surgery!

Ed's new knee from last March is fantastic. We are so grateful and thankful.


We got a new pet family member recently. He's a pure white cat named Gandalf, and he's just what we all needed. Corwyn now has a superior (Gandalf), a peer (Topaz), and an inferior (Predicate) feline for playmates.

Blackberry continues to slow down, need outside breaks more frequently, and just wants to curl up by the fire. At thirteen she's entitled to quiet and peace.

My mom likes to take Corwyn for walks on sunny days, and she enjoys the outings, the treats she has in her pockets, and the exercise. I take Corwyn around the hayfield after school (when I have the energy!). We follow coyote tracks and deer, we snuff out little mouse trails. It's such a joy to be out in the pure cold snow.

That Corgi needs exercise! She's still in destructive mode, with a particular affinity for earbuds and pens, Scotch tape dispensers, and anything left within her reach. Puppy behavior can be extremely frustrating. Cherie has declared war on Corwyn several times this past week!

I subbed preschool three times this past week. PLEASE remind me not to do that often! I just don't have the flexibility in my limbs for such intense activity! These young preschool teachers are slim and lithe. You have to be. Preschool is insane.

I can keep up with one or two, but fifteen?! They are certainly very cute.

Tonight I am able to go back to the jail for the second time this month. Pray for the inmates at the jail!
Some wait for months to be sentenced, and it is hard on them. Can you imagine waiting in suspense for months?

I hate suspense. I read the back of mystery novels all the time before starting the story. There must be some mental disorder classification for people like me, but I can't help it. I like knowing how things end.

That's why I love the Bible so much. There are still mysteries that I've had to be comfortable with, but I know the end. I know I'm saved from eternal death. I know Jesus is my savior. I know how it all ends. I've read Revelation.

And the most amazing part is that I'm seeing the Bible's prophecies coming true before my eyes!

This whole micro chip thing is a precursor to the Mark of the Beast. It's in credit cards. Our money system is not a gold standard, it's what is determined by the elites of the privately owned Federal Reserve. When the Federal Reserve says that they are switching to a chip economy----who is lining up for the chip?

Not me.

I guess I'll have my head chopped off-----

EXCEPT that I have the BLESSED HOPE of the saints, Christ's return for the saved! Believers know that they go to be with Jesus for a feast before He returns in the second coming on white horses.

It's all there in the New Testament, and it gives glorious hope to those who believe.

Is there a better way to live?

I can't possibly think of even one better way. To look for Jesus every day is beautiful beyond measure.
It's the only way.

He gives us the strength to overcome when circumstances "Hit the Fan."
He gives us hope to keep on getting up each day and face the issues of the moment.
He gives us the reason for living.
He gives us the love we need in our hearts to function.

Maranatha!

I'm reading "Heretic" and "Love Thy Body."
Both excellent. See the links below for "Heretic."

The creationist movement is working. I sat in a high school biology class recently where the teacher conceded that the creationist arguments were well given. This is progress.

Keep it UP! It's the truth, and the truth always wins.




No comments: