"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Getting "Spiritual"

Check your spirit.

Are you feeling a well of dislike, anger, frustration----hatred----in your soul?

Do you react to someone's opinion that differs from yours?


Your emotions are telling something about you, and how you are trusting the Lord for all things.

I think all of us legitimately can hate what God hates. You need to be very familiar with Scripture to understand what He hates.

He hates evil. He hates specific things, like dishonest measures, divorce, lying tongues...

I've written quite a bit about the seven deadly sins. Medieval Christians analyzed these seven things and philosophized about them for centuries. They do seem to be the root of evil, and I know their significance.

Anger and hatred go together. Anger toward any fellow believer, or a believer that is disillusioned with an issue, is wrong.

Righteous anger is something Christ displayed, and the wrath of God is not even in our paradigm, but for us humankind we must see sin as sin, and anger can easily lead to sin.

Are you angry at people with guns? Are you angry at people with mental illness who are on drugs? Are you angry at abortionists? Are you angry at anti-abortionists?

Pick your cause. Pick your fight. Anger is going to destroy you.

I've thought a lot about mental illness over the last four years. I truly believe that the ONLY way to handle it is in Christ.

You can drug a person into submission and complacence, but to truly manage illnesses of the brain you NEED CHRIST.

Depression is managed by the spirit. It's helped by meds, but it's conquered by Christ. You may even get to the point of miraculous healing.

This applies to each and every mental illness. Some can be healed, some helped.

I think of mental illness in the same vein as any other disability. Some are born with disability, some become disabled through circumstances.

God can do anything. He can restore limbs. He's able, but He chooses to do it seldom. I've read reports of his restoring such things as legs and arms, but I'm not going to dispute them.

I am NOT a rationalist. I'm a dimensionalist. I believe in the supernatural. I've seen things that are unexplained. I've experienced supernatural events in my own life. I know Christ's presence, and I know His Truth.

I will never argue with God's power.

I may test the spirits. I may see Satan masking as God, and wonder. God doesn't contradict Himself. He is good, and He is unchanging. His creation is humming along in an amazing fashion.

Satan does his bit, fulfills his purpose, and rebels against his Maker. The earth is completely in his camp, except for followers of Christ.

It's what the Bible teaches.


And I see the power of God's Truth. I see the power to manage life, to survive, to live in a fallen world through Christ's strength and promise.


I've seen it. Ask me. I'll tell you.

As the children of this age seek to cope with genetic break-down, faulty vaccines, mental illness, autism, ADHD, cancers, poor choices, addictions, crime, sin....

....I'll lead you to the answer of coping until we see His face.

It has worked for me, and it will work for you.

Watch.


No comments: