"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Blessings

Okay, faithful friends, you know by now that when I entitle something "Blessings" I am in need of a little boost.

I must count my blessings.

Count with me, as I bet that you and I share many of the same ones, and if we don't, then you can hear the testimony of God's work in my life!

Gorgeous spring!
School year about to end!  (This one is new for me these past two Junes)
Warmth from the sun, seasons, quiet, and a peaceful home
Birds: hummers at the feeder all day, Oriels, Cardinals nesting right above the porch door at my mom's and dad's house next door
Cranes, pheasants, indigo buntings, killdeers, robins galore!
Bach playing on an old cassette tape I got from Germany
health
wealth
food--strawberry pie I'm making for a chorale potluck tonight
fellowship with like-minded friends, watchmen (we had our prophecy study on Sunday, and it was so good to be back together after hiatus)
Grandchildren
Help for health issues, family who can step in, doctors who are trying to piece together what is wrong
Healthy, funny pets, always entertaining, always affectionate!
Gainful employment, contentment with that employment---despite interpersonal issues that come up!
Athletic children
Healthy children
Help for the hard times---cancer, depression, addictions, diseases
Understanding, wisdom, knowledge, brains that work pretty well, interesting things to occupy thoughts
Cars that actually drive
Air conditioning
cool water
plumbing (when it goes out you really do appreciate it!)
Horses to love on next door (they are being boarded at our neighbors' farm)
Beauty everywhere
clothes to wear--excellent thrift shops in the neighborhood, sewing machines, friends who are expert sewers
Fun things to do! --sewing, knitting, painting, drawing, reading
Fascinating books, thousands of them. (Once I dreamed of having "Corgi Hollows" be a place to share home schooling sources and lessons in music and fine arts, also a private lending library. That may still happen....)
Church family and a caring pastor
Amazing friends---GOD HAS BLESSED ME!
Time, sleep, freedom from pain (usually)
Bikes to ride, gravel country roads to jog, lilacs to sniff
A canoe to paddle (yesterday's canoe trip down the Crow River ended with a severe thunderstorm. All's well! They got 19 miles of the 23 planned)
A loving, infinite God who has a big plan for all time, one that includes you and me, each moment of time
A Father God who understands my heartaches, and knows that I trust Him in my little world.
Let the storms rage about me, let the evil one try his wiles on us---God wins. He's got this.

Look up, your redemption draws nigh! Comfort ye, my people!

No comments: